What is Permanent Makeup?
Permanent makeup is a cosmetic technique which employs tattoos (permanent pigmentation of the dermis) as a means of producing designs that resemble makeup, such as eyelining and other permanent enhancing colors to the skin of the face, lips, and eyelids. It is also used to produce artificial eyebrows, particularly in people who have lost them as a consequence of old age. Most commonly called permanent cosmetics, other names include dermapigmentation, micropigmentation, and cosmetic tattooing.
Is Permanent Makeup Safe?
Yes, we only use disposable needles, the highest quality ink and medical grade cleaning solutions in our work area. We import the highest quality ink colors from Germany that is 100% natural and MRI Free.
How long does Permanent Makeup Last?
This depends on several factors. Dark colors last longer than light colors. Most permanent makeup (lips, beauty marks, eyelashes, eyebrow feathering and powde) last 3-4 years on average. Eyebrow hair strokes last on average up to 6 months .
Does Permanent Makeup hurt?
Different people experience different levels of uncomfortableness when getting Permanent Makeup. We use a very strong local numbing cream to help make you more comfortable.
Some factors that can increase discomfort are:
- When a woman is on her menstrual cycle.
- If you have a cold or are overly tired.
- If you have recently been sunburnt.
Do some parts of your body feel more pain then others?
For most people the lips and eyeliner may cause a higher sensation of discomfort than other parts of your face and body. We use a very strong local numbing cream to help make you more comfortable.
Will I need to come back for a retouch?
Yes, typically you will need at least 1 more retouching session to finalize your permanent makeup. All of our prices include one retouching session as long as it is within 1 month. If you wait until after 1 month, we will need to charge for the retouching session. Lips are an exception, you can get your 1 free retouching session for lips within 2 months.
How should I prepare for my Permanent Makeup session?
Arrive on time.
If you travel by public transport like taxi or bus, we suggest you bring a hospital style mask and/or large sunglasses.
No alcohol consumption prior to your session.
Please do not get sunburned before your session.
Does Permanent Makeup ink colors look the same on everyone?
Everyone's skin has their own natural colors. This means if the same color is used on different people, then there will be a slight difference in the final results. We will discuss colors and options in detail before your actual session.
What are the post procedure/aftercare instructions?
Post Procedure care is very important to follow in order to achieve optimum results. Please remember that some discoloration and unevenness of color is normal after your initial visit. Your retouch session will fix any of these issues as long as you follow these instructions.
- Stay out of the sun.
- Don't pick at, peel or scratch the area of treatment. nor any scabbed up areas.
- Use an ice pack with some sort of barrier between the ice and your skin to help with any possible swelling.
- Do not apply makeup to your treatment areas.
- Apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment at least twice a day.
- Do not use a tanning bed.
- Do not use an eyelash curler for at least 2 weeks.
- Clean your hands thoroughly before you touch any areas of treatment.
- Only use new/clean cotton swabs to apply any ointments or lotions.
- Do not use a hot tub, sauna or spa while healing. Also stay out of salt water and chlorinated pools.
- Avoid any strong water spraying showers and sinks.